The Biden Administration is winging it about electrification...

On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 4:12:41 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Friday, September 16, 2022 at 9:07:50 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Saturday, September 17, 2022 at 1:16:06 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 9:02:04 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Friday, September 16, 2022 at 1:32:36 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 8:10:37 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Friday, September 16, 2022 at 12:39:11 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:
On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 8:33:36 AM UTC-7, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
GnatTurd <maggot...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:eade8f6f-216f-475c...@googlegroups.com:
snip
That\'s where fucking idiots like you would look - mine are from accredited universities.

So you got booted out of one and had to complete your degree at a less demanding institution? If you\'ve only got one EE degree, and went to several universities that would be what happened. A very bright student might have got to move to a better university by doing very well in the first years of his course, but that wouldn\'t have been you - they tend to move on into post-graduate studies.

So you don\'t HAVE any facts, so you have to MAKE THEM UP out of WHOLE CLOTH, just like Joe Biden.

Nothing you post can be treated as a fact, but what you do post can be explored for its implications.

I got all my degrees from one university but you got your single degree from \"accredited universities\" which is odd.

WTF is \"odd\" about that? Nobel Laureates have received degrees from MULTIPLE UNIVERSITIES.

They do tend to get honorary degrees from numerous institutions after they win the Nobel prize. This isn\'t what we are talking about here.

Do you want to bet $10,000 USD that I DON\'T have the degrees I claim to have? DO YOU??

Why would I bother? Can you name the \"accredited universities\" which granted you the degree?

HA HA HA HA!!! I KNEW you wouldn\'t bet on something that PUT YOU ON THE LINE for your LIES.

I never suggested that you didn\'t have a degree. The lie here is all yours. What it looks like is a desperate attempt on your part to avoid naming the barely \"accredited universities\" that granted you you single degree.

American has 2000 tertiary institutions, and in some of them the average student !Q is less than 100.

They are called Historically Black Colleges.

Actually most of them seems to be Agricultural Universities.

You obviously haven\'t looked at the curriculum of these universities.

Obviously not. Why would I ever bother?

You just can\'t \"upgrade\" existing lines.

You wouldn\'t know. In fact, your grasp of the electrical grid, much less the transmission hardware they use, rest firmly at nil.

You DON\'T know it because you AREN\'T an engineer. But it is FACT.

In reality it is a false and unsubstantiated claim, but Gnatguy is too pig-ignorant to realise this.

You have NO FUCKING IDEA what is \"reality\" - that statement PROVES IT!!!!

From whit3rd further up this thread
\"An example is the Pacific DC intertie, which was inaugurated at 1440 MW limit, and is now
capable of transmitting 3100 MW.

Some of the details here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_DC_Intertie

Hey Bozo, it was DESIGNED for that power level from the GET-GO!

It certainly wasn\'t. Initially it relied on mercury arc valve rectifiers which limited the operating voltage. The designers seem to have anticipated the eventual availability of higher voltage thyristor-based rectifiers, so the line was built to tolerate higher voltage transmission when it did become practical. You\'ve no idea how much similar potential excess capacity is built into the existing transmission system, so you bleat about building completely independent new links to provide all of the 60% extra transmission capacity that the US is going to need.

The HELL it wasn\'t - again, you provide ZERO references to back up your BULLSHIT!

The reference isn\'t mine. But it is all spelled out in the link that whit3rd provided, so I didn\'t have to bother finding my own.

\"The line capacity is 3,100 megawatts\"

They didn\'t need that capacity when it was first put on line. Try reading this shit before commenting on it.

It\'s not my comment - I was just reminding you that had ignored whit3rd\'s well-informed criticism.

The Fermilab energy saver/energy doubler is a more familiar example for us physicists. \"

If you can tell us EXACTLY what that means.

I\'m not a physicist. Whit3rd does seem to be one.

What \"us\" do you think YOU are? You are a pathetic group invading
piece of shit. You make exactly ZERO contributions on the group
topic. You are the scum of the Earth. And you speak for no one but
yourself, and you can\'t even get that right.

\"Us\" is EVERYBODY reading your stinking bullshit, retard.

Clearly not true.

Clearly TRUE, Bill.

So I\'m not a member of the group \"us\" though I do read his stinking bullshit. Gnatguy gets to define that to his own satisfaction. like every other \"fact\" he relies on.

Bill, you are the LAUGHING STOCK of SED. You make the most BIZARRE comments.

Gnatguy does have his favourite delusions. That may be one of his more bizarre comments, but he makes a lot of others which are equally strange.

HA HA HA HA!!! YES, you ARE the LAUGHING STOCK of SED!!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!

All I\'ve got to deal with is the idea that Gnatguy thinks that anybody else takes his personal delusions seriously.
He\'s so obviously far gone into senile dementia that it doesn\'t take much dealing with.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 3:11:28 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 8:33:36 AM UTC-7, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
GnatTurd <maggot...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:eade8f6f-216f-475c...@googlegroups.com:
snip
That\'s where fucking idiots like you would look - mine are from accredited universities.

So you got booted out of one and had to complete your degree at a less demanding institution? If you\'ve only got one EE degree, and went to several universities that would be what happened. A very bright student might have got to move to a better university by doing very well in the first years of his course, but that wouldn\'t have been you - they tend to move on into post-graduate studies.

So you don\'t HAVE any facts, so you have to MAKE THEM UP out of WHOLE CLOTH, just like Joe Biden.

Nothing you post can be treated as a fact, but what you do post can be explored for its implications.

I got all my degrees from one university but you got your single degree from \"accredited universities\" which is odd.

WTF is \"odd\" about that? Nobel Laureates have received degrees from MULTIPLE UNIVERSITIES.

They do tend to get honorary degrees from numerous institutions after they win the Nobel prize. This isn\'t what we are talking about here.
Do you want to bet $10,000 USD that I DON\'T have the degrees I claim to have? DO YOU??

Why would I bother? Can you name the \"accredited universities\" which granted you the degree?

HA HA HA HA!!! I KNEW you wouldn\'t bet on something that PUT YOU ON THE LINE for your LIES.

I never suggested that you didn\'t have a degree. The lie here is all yours. What it looks like is a desperate attempt on your part to avoid naming the barely \"accredited universities\" that granted you you single degree.

American has 2000 tertiary institutions, and in some of them the average student !Q is less than 100.

They are called Historically Black Colleges.

Actually most of them seems to be Agricultural Universities.

You obviously haven\'t looked at the curriculum of these universities.

Obviously not. Why would I ever bother?

You just can\'t \"upgrade\" existing lines.

You wouldn\'t know. In fact, your grasp of the electrical grid, much less the transmission hardware they use, rest firmly at nil.

You DON\'T know it because you AREN\'T an engineer. But it is FACT.

In reality it is a false and unsubstantiated claim, but Gnatguy is too pig-ignorant to realise this.

You have NO FUCKING IDEA what is \"reality\" - that statement PROVES IT!!!!

From whit3rd further up this thread
\"An example is the Pacific DC intertie, which was inaugurated at 1440 MW limit, and is now
capable of transmitting 3100 MW.

Some of the details here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_DC_Intertie

Hey Bozo, it was DESIGNED for that power level from the GET-GO!

It certainly wasn\'t. Initially it relied on mercury arc valve rectifiers which limited the operating voltage. The designers seem to have anticipated the eventual availability of higher voltage thyristor-based rectifiers, so the line was built to tolerate higher voltage transmission when it did become practical. You\'ve no idea how much similar potential excess capacity is built into the existing transmission system, so you bleat about building completely independent new links to provide all of the 60% extra transmission capacity that the US is going to need.

The HELL it wasn\'t - again, you provide ZERO references to back up your BULLSHIT!
The reference isn\'t mine. But it is all spelled out in the link that whit3rd provided, so I didn\'t have to bother finding my own.
\"The line capacity is 3,100 megawatts\"

They didn\'t need that capacity when it was first put on line. Try reading this shit before commenting on it.

It\'s not my comment - I was just reminding you that had ignored whit3rd\'s well-informed criticism.

The Fermilab energy saver/energy doubler is a more familiar example for us physicists. \"

If you can tell us EXACTLY what that means.

I\'m not a physicist. Whit3rd does seem to be one.

What \"us\" do you think YOU are? You are a pathetic group invading
piece of shit. You make exactly ZERO contributions on the group
topic. You are the scum of the Earth. And you speak for no one but
yourself, and you can\'t even get that right.

\"Us\" is EVERYBODY reading your stinking bullshit, retard.

Clearly not true.

Clearly TRUE, Bill.

So I\'m not a member of the group \"us\" though I do read his stinking bullshit. Gnatguy gets to define that to his own satisfaction. like every other \"fact\" he relies on.

Bill, you are the LAUGHING STOCK of SED. You make the most BIZARRE comments.

Gnatguy does have his favourite delusions. That may be one of his more bizarre comments, but he makes a lot of others which are equally strange.

HA HA HA HA!!! YES, you ARE the LAUGHING STOCK of SED!!!! DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!

All I\'ve got to deal with is the idea that Gnatguy thinks that anybody else takes his personal delusions seriously.
He\'s so obviously far gone into senile dementia that it doesn\'t take much dealing with.

--
Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo, you are blindly oblivious to the fact that almost nobody on SED takes you seriously, and outright laughs at you (with the possible exception of DecayedBrainMatter, which is actually a negative endorsement).

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 2:30:59 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:

<snip>

Hey Bozo, you are blindly oblivious to the fact that almost nobody on SED takes you seriously, and outright laughs at you (with the possible exception of DecayedBrainMatter, which is actually a negative endorsement).

Not so much blindly oblivious as frankly sceptical.

Gnatguy\'s negative endorsements do count as positive endorsements to rational people - \"Gnatguy doesn\'t like him so he is probably okay\".

--
Bil Sloman, Sydney

On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 9:45:59 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

snip

Gnatguy\'s negative endorsements do count as positive endorsements to rational people - \"Gnatguy doesn\'t like him so he is probably okay\".

I can hear the laughter from here! BTW, learn to spell, Bozo.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 2:23:30 PM UTC+10, Flyguy wrote:

snip

You are blindly oblivious to the fact that almost nobody on SED takes you seriously, and outright laughs at you (with the possible exception of DecayedBrainMatter, which is actually a negative endorsement).

I can hear the laughter from here!

Those are called auditory hallucinations, Get yourself checked out. It\'s probably too late to cure whatever problem is wrecking what\'s left of you brain, but it is worth a try.

--
Bil Sloman, Sydney

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 1:21:56 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

snip

You are blindly oblivious to the fact that almost nobody on SED takes you seriously, and outright laughs at you (with the possible exception of DecayedBrainMatter, which is actually a negative endorsement).

Those are called auditory hallucinations, Get yourself checked out. It\'s probably too late to cure whatever problem is wrecking what\'s left of you brain, but it is worth a try.

--
Bil Sloman, Sydney

Hardly - I am not the one who wants to FIREBOMB and NUKE his OWN COUNTRY!

On Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 1:54:57 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:

snip

Neither am I. Gnatguy\'s misunderstandings of other people\'s posts probably don\'t count as hallucinations, but they are evidence of gross intellectual inadequacy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Saturday, October 1, 2022 at 10:21:13 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

snip

Neither am I. Gnatguy\'s misunderstandings of other people\'s posts probably don\'t count as hallucinations, but they are evidence of gross intellectual inadequacy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Yes you ARE, Bozo. You also NEVER produced senile pervert Lyin\' Biden\'s plan to expand the electrical grid.

On Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 4:36:48 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:

snip

Yes you ARE. You also NEVER produced Joe Biden\'s plan to expand the electrical grid.

Actually I did.

https://www.energy.gov/oe/articles/doe-launches-new-initiative-president-bidens-bipartisan-infrastructure-law-modernize

You didn\'t like it - without saying why - and claim that it isn\'t any kind of plan, which just means that it came from a Democrat administration.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 11:36:49 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 1:21:56 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee..org wrote:
On Friday, September 16, 2022 at 9:07:50 PM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:

snip

Gnatguy\'s negative endorsements do count as positive endorsements to rational people - \"Gnatguy doesn\'t like him so he is probably okay\"..

Yes you ARE. You also NEVER produced Joe Biden\'s plan to expand the electrical grid.

Actually I did.

https://www.energy.gov/oe/articles/doe-launches-new-initiative-president-bidens-bipartisan-infrastructure-law-modernize

You didn\'t like it - without saying why - and claim that it isn\'t any kind of plan, which just means that it came from a Democrat administration.

--
Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo, as I have pointed out before, this IS NOT a \"plan\" for the stated objective: a SIXTY PERCENT expansion of the US electrical grid. This is a direct quote:

\"Deploying more than $20 billion in federal financing tools, including through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law’s new $2.5 billion Transmission Facilitation Program, $3 billion expansion of the Smart Grid Investment Grant Program, and more than $10 billion in grants for states, Tribes, and utilities to enhance grid resilience and prevent power outages, and through existing tools, including the more than $3 billion Western Area Power Administration Transmission Infrastructure Program, and a number of loan guarantee programs through the Loan Programs Office.\"

The grid expansion will require TRILLIONS, not billions. This is just a demonstration program.

On Friday, October 7, 2022 at 3:28:31 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 3:11:28 AM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:

snip

Actually I did.

Hey Bill, as I have pointed out before, this IS NOT a \"plan\" for the stated objective: a SIXTY PERCENT expansion of the US electrical grid. This is a direct quote:

<snipped Gnatguy\'s meaningless direct quote >

> The grid expansion will require TRILLIONS, not billions. This is just a demonstration program.

Gnatguy seems to have access to an extravagant plan for grid expansion which will cost trillions. He\'s never posted a link to it and it seems only to exists in his diseased imagination and. It\'s pretty much the sort of nonsense you\'d expect to see posted by a demented idiot.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 11:08:18 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Sunday, September 18, 2022 at 3:11:28 AM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:

snip

You are blindly oblivious to the fact that almost nobody on SED takes you seriously, and outright laughs at you (with the possible exception of DecayedBrainMatter, which is actually a negative endorsement)..

Actually I did.

You didn\'t like it - without saying why - and claim that it isn\'t any kind of plan, which just means that it came from a Democrat administration..

Hey Bill, as I have pointed out before, this IS NOT a \"plan\" for the stated objective: a SIXTY PERCENT expansion of the US electrical grid. This is a direct quote:

snipped Gnatguy\'s meaningless direct quote
The grid expansion will require TRILLIONS, not billions. This is just a demonstration program.
Gnatguy seems to have access to an extravagant plan for grid expansion which will cost trillions. He\'s never posted a link to it and it seems only to exists in his diseased imagination and. It\'s pretty much the sort of nonsense you\'d expect to see posted by a demented idiot.

--
Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo, it is NOT my plan, but plans from acknowledged experts. You have NEVER responded with even a semi-intelligent cost for electrical transmission lines per mile. And senile pervert Lyin\' Biden CERTAINLY HAS NO PLAN!

On Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 2:00:27 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
On Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 11:08:18 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 1:21:56 AM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:
On Monday, September 19, 2022 at 9:45:59 PM UTC-7, bill.....@ieee.org wrote:

<snip>

snipped Gnatguy\'s meaningless direct quote

Hey Bozo, it is NOT my plan, but plans from acknowledged experts.

But you haven\'t posted a link to it. You might be lying about it, or granting your reliable incompetence, you\'ve almost certainly misunderstood what it was saying and taken away a bizarrely distorted idea of what was being said which you are now tryjng to pass off here as \"plans from acknowledged experts\".

Whatever you are posting here is unlikely to have much to do with what they were talking about, and probably very little to do with what we care talking about.

> You have NEVER responded with even a semi-intelligent cost for electrical transmission lines per mile.

You can\'t cost electrical transmission line per mile without specifying the nature of the lie and the terrain it is crossing in much more detail than you seem to be able to manage. You\'d have to post an intelligent question if you wanted an intelligent answer, and you can\'t manage that and you wouldn\'t like the answer you would get if you manage to find an intelligent question to cut and paste

> And Joe Biden CERTAINLY HAS NO PLAN!

None that would satisfy Gnatguy. Joe Biden is a Democrat, and any plan he might come up with would be automatically by rejected by Gnatguy. One could say unthinkingly rejected, but with Gnatguy that goes without saying.,

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

GnatTurd <Maggot2day@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ae93bb77-acf9-4802-8bfd-
1c4e137436een@googlegroups.com:

> And senile pervert Lyin\' Biden CERTAINLY HAS NO PLAN!

You are absolutely the most stupid fuckhead to have ever posted in
this group. You reaffirm that claim every time you post. You are not
senile, you are just dumber than dogshit.

On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 8:31:16 PM UTC-7, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:
GnatTurd <Maggo...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ae93bb77-acf9-4802-8bfd-
1c4e13...@googlegroups.com:
And senile pervert Lyin\' Biden CERTAINLY HAS NO PLAN!

No, DecayedBrainMatter, you need to look in the mirror to see the MOST STUPID FUCKHEAD ON THE INTERNET.

On Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 3:58:40 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
On Saturday, October 8, 2022 at 8:31:16 PM UTC-7, DecadentLinux...@decadence.org wrote:

Gnatguy is dumber than dogshit, but he may not be dumber that Skybuck Flying or a a. He can at least make a pretense at rational argument which neither of them can manage. He can\'t manage the content, but he can at least create an approximation to the form.

> No, DecayedBrainMatter, you need to look in the mirror to see the MOST STUPID FUCKHEAD ON THE INTERNET.

If it works for Gnatguy it has to work for Decadent Linux User Numero Uno? Gnatguy gets it wrong again.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 2:40:11 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
Gnatguy is dumber than dogshit, but he may not be dumber that Skybuck Flying or a a. He can at least make a pretense at rational argument which neither of them can manage. He can\'t manage the content, but he can at least create an approximation to the form.
No, DecayedBrainMatter, you need to look in the mirror to see the MOST STUPID FUCKHEAD ON THE INTERNET.
If it works for Gnatguy it has to work for Decadent Linux User Numero Uno? Gnatguy gets it wrong again.

--
Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo, you have FAILED to present ANY PLAN WHATSOEVER that the senile pervert Lyin\' Biden has to expand the electrical grid by SIXTY PERCENT. You are a libtard dufus, sent out to object to ANY objection of the libtard mantra.

On Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 9:36:08 PM UTC-7, Flyguy wrote:

> ...Biden DOES NOT have the AUTHORITY to do what he is MANDATING!!! This means that EVERYTING he has been saying is SHIT!!!!!

Technically, of course, that\'s correct; a seven-year project has to have at least four funding votes
by Congress, because no more than two years of money can be put into a single spending bill.
But, if the program is his initiative, he gets to announce at the start what he\'s aiming for.
MAGA was pretty much just a bumper sticker by comparison with an energy plan of this sort.
Make America Great Again was... hot air, a fig leaf attached to an old-fashioned trade war
and a warping of other foreign policy.

On Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 4:57:48 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
On Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 6:07:57 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Monday, October 17, 2022 at 11:50:49 AM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
On Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 11:11:24 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Friday, October 14, 2022 at 3:36:08 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
On Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 10:48:01 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 4:02:31 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
GnatTurd <Maggo...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ae93bb77-acf9-4802-8bfd-1c4e13...@googlegroups.com:

<snip>

> AGAIN, you DON\'T produce the non-existent plan, but come up with EXCUSES for its absence.

But when I do produce the plan, or at least a link to it, you declare it a non -plan.

> Bill, PRODUCE IT or SHUT UP!

You don\'t like it, because it is a Democrat plan, but declaring it a \"non-plan\" is mere childishness.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

On Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 12:03:41 AM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 4:57:48 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
On Sunday, October 16, 2022 at 6:07:57 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Monday, October 17, 2022 at 11:50:49 AM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
On Thursday, October 13, 2022 at 11:11:24 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Friday, October 14, 2022 at 3:36:08 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
On Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 10:48:01 PM UTC-7, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
On Wednesday, October 12, 2022 at 4:02:31 PM UTC+11, Flyguy wrote:
GnatTurd <Maggo...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:ae93bb77-acf9-4802-8bfd-1c4e13...@googlegroups.com:

snip
AGAIN, you DON\'T produce the non-existent plan, but come up with EXCUSES for its absence.
But when I do produce the plan, or at least a link to it, you declare it a non -plan.

Bill, PRODUCE IT or SHUT UP!

You don\'t like it, because it is a Democrat plan, but declaring it a \"non-plan\" is mere childishness.

--
Bozo Bill Sloman, Sydney

Hey Bozo, you have referenced this \"plan\" before - didn\'t you even bother to read it? Well, here is the guts of it:
\"Deploying more than $20 billion in federal financing tools\"
This about ONE PERCENT of what is needed to meet the goals of the plan, which is a SIXTY PERCENT expansion of the grid.

I have REPEATEDLY asked you what ONE MILE of transmission line costs, and you keep on making excuses why you CAN\'T ANSWER this simple question.

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back